The Shanghai University of Sport is glad to provide high-level international students with China study abroad opportunities through the President’s Scholarships.
The scholarship program is intended to draw international students who are interested in pursuing undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degrees at the university and who have strong language skills and impressive professional histories.
As a public institution in Shanghai, China, Shanghai University of Sport was established in November 1952. According to Top Global Universities, it is ranked #421. SHU has established a mobile station for post-doctoral research in sport science and acknowledged a comprehensive educational system encompassing all levels of degree programs.
Why enroll in classes at Shanghai University of Sport? This university offers instruction in six different categories and is multi-disciplined. Almost 70% of SHU students are placed each year, while the remaining students go on to their master’s.
- University or Organization: University of Sport
- Department: All
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Master’s, and Doctoral
- Award: Full and partial scholarships
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: non-Chinese citizens
- The award can be taken in China
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral majors
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens holding regular foreign passports, who shall be physically and mentally healthy and have the disciplinary background required for the program applied for. Those applying for the master/doctoral program shall also have research capabilities.
- Applicants of the undergraduate program shall meet the following requirements for nationality: According to JWH  No. 12 of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and Article 5 of the Nationality Law of the People’s Republic of China, the person whose parents are both Chinese nationals and have both settled abroad, or one of whose parents is a Chinese national and has settled abroad, and who has acquired foreign nationality at birth shall not have Chinese nationality.
- Such person, when applying for scholarships as an international student, shall have held a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for more than four years (inclusive) and provide records of living outside China for more than two years from 30 April 2019 to 30 April 2023 (the actual residence outside China of 9 months or longer can be considered a full year, subject to the arrival/departure customs stamp).
- A person who has migrated from the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan (China), when applying for scholarships as an international student, shall have obtained a foreign nationality before 30 April 2019 and provide records of living outside China for more than two years from 30 April 2019 to 30 April 2023 (the actual residence outside China of 9 months or longer can be considered a full year, subject to the arrival/departure customs stamp).
- Educational background:
- 1) Applicants of the undergraduate program shall have an educational background equal to a high school degree in China and be under 22.
- 2) Applicants of the master’s program shall have a bachelor’s degree and be under 30.
- 3) Applicants of the doctoral program shall have a master’s degree and be under 35.
- Applicants shall have no criminal records.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants shall log in to “Shanghai University of Sport – International Student Service System” to register and fill in the application form with the required documents (in electronic version).
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit all the following:
- One copy of your valid passport
- Applicants living in the Chinese mainland shall provide a copy of the currently valid visa or the residence permit page.
- One notarized copy of your graduation or degree certificate
- One notarized copy of the school report for the highest education
- The original of the HSK certificate or any other certificate proving equal language proficiency which is valid within two years
- Applicants pursuing the master’s degree/doctoral degree shall provide recommendation letters in Chinese or English from two professors or associate professors
- A research plan is written in Chinese or English (with no less than 1,000 characters/words), Tutor’s Acceptance Letter (if any), and previous research results/academic papers (if any).
- One copy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (of the past six months)
- One video (MP4) with a length of fewer than 3 minutes to introduce yourself in both Chinese and English
- Certificate of No Criminal Records or Commitment on No Criminal Records: Commitment Letter of No Criminal Record
- Guardian’s Guarantee for applicants aged under 18 as of 1 September 2023
- Letter of Guarantee or Bank Statement proving a minimum bank deposit of CNY 100,000
- Payment certificate of the registration fee
- Admission Requirements: The GPA of the previous study period shall not be lower than 3.0, or the average score of all subjects shall not be lower than 75 points.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the following language requirements:
- Students applying for sports majors taught in Chinese shall pass the Chinese Proficiency Test (equal to or higher than HSK5).
- Students applying for the major of international Chinese education shall pass the Chinese Proficiency Test (equal to or higher than HSK6).
- Students applying for majors taught in English shall be native speakers of English or provide the English proficiency certificate, with IELTS scores equal to or higher than 6.5 points and TOEFL IBT scores equal to or higher than 80 points.
The President’s Scholarship for International Students at Shanghai University of Sport in China will be awarded awards (includes full and partial scholarships) as the following:
Full Scholarships: Full awards includes tuition, accommodation expenses, living expenses, and total medical insurance expenses.
- Undergraduate Full scholarship: CNY 20,000 per year for tuition, CNY 8,400 per year for accommodation expenses, CNY 20,000 per year for living expenses, and CYN 800 per year for insurance expenses.
- Master’s Full scholarship: CNY 25,000 per year for tuition, CNY 8,400 per year for accommodation expenses, CNY 20,000 per year for living expenses, and CYN 800 per year for insurance expenses.
- PhD Full scholarship: CNY 30,000 per year for tuition, CNY 8,400 per year for accommodation expenses, CNY 24,000 per year for living expenses, and CYN 800 per year for insurance expenses.
Partial scholarships: Partial awards include Type A and Type B scholarships
- Undergraduate Partial Type A scholarship: CNY 20,000 per year tuition, CNY 8,400 per year accommodation expenses
- Undergraduate Partial Type B scholarship: CNY 20,000 per year tuition
- Master’s Partial Type A scholarship: CNY 25,000 per year tuition, CNY 8,400 per year accommodation expenses
- Master’s Partial Type B scholarship: CNY 25,000 per year tuition
- PhD Partial Type A scholarship: CNY 30,000 per year tuition, CNY 8,400 per year accommodation expenses
Note: Students receiving Type A scholarships will receive free on-campus accommodation.
Those approved to live off the campus will receive a monthly accommodation allowance: of CNY 700/month for undergraduates, masters, and doctoral students.
Students will collect living expenses for ten months each year (excluding the winter and summer holidays).
NSS instructor detained for allegedly defiling three of his students
A 24-year-old National Service Member at Sehwi Asawinso Methodist Primary B has been remanded by the Bibiani Circuit Court to three weeks in police prison for allegedly defiling three students in the Sehwi Wiawso Municipality of the Western North Region.
The three victims’ Class 2 teacher, Bismark Ansu, is the defendant.
According to sources, he held extra classes for his students in his home in January of this year without informing the school administration, claiming that he needed to finish the academic year’s curriculum.
However, Bismark Ansu used the extra classes to entice three of the students, who are between the ages of eight and nine, to engage in sexual activity.
If they revealed their ordeal to anybody, he threatened to murder them.
After a few weeks had passed after the alleged sexual assault, the victims’ parents began seeing unusual blood flows from their daughters’ private areas. When questioned about this, they admitted to the incident.
The allegations of defilement were supported by a report to the police at Sehwi Asawinso and the issuance of a medical form to the complainants instructing them to take the victims to any government hospital for inspection, treatment, and endorsement.
The accused was subsequently detained and brought before the Bibiani Circuit Court on charges of three offenses, including the threats of death in violation of Section 75 of the Criminal Offences 1960 [ACT 29], defilement in violation of Section 101 of the Criminal Offences 1960 [ACT 29], and harm in violation of Section 74 of the Criminal Offences 1960 [ACT 29].
Once the court has heard the specifics of the cases, suspect Ansu has been remanded and is scheduled to appear again on Monday, May 29.
The victims are responding to treatment in the meanwhile.
GES orders Ghanasco Headmaster and Senior Housemaster to step down for investigation into a video showing students sleeping in restrooms
The Headmaster and Senior Housemaster of Ghana Senior High School in Tamale have been ordered by the Ghana Education Service (GES) to resign in order to facilitate investigations into a viral video that depicts some students utilizing restroom cubicles as dorms.
The film purports to show Ghanasco’s struggles with the government’s flagship Free SHS Program.
The Tamale-based SHS should rather have additional capacity to accommodate 300 extra pupils as it fell short of its enrollment target, according to GES, which characterizes the footage as “very disturbing and unfortunate”.
In a statement to the media, Cassandra Twum Ampofo, the head of the GES Public Relations Unit, said, “This is very troubling and unfortunate, especially when records available to us indicate that, out of the 1790 vacancies declared by the school, only 1467 students have enrolled.”
“The school should have enough space to accommodate an additional 300 kids. Therefore, having pupils sleep in such a location is undesirable.
The director of education for the northern region has been tasked with looking into the situation and reporting back in two weeks.
“Management wishes to reassure all of our stakeholders and the public that it will continue to ensure that the students entrusted to our care operate in a safe school environment.”
International Master’s Scholarship Program IDEX in France
The Paris-Saclay University is inviting candidates to take part in its International Master’s Scholarship Program IDEX for the academic year 2023–2024 if they desire to create an academic project through doctoral-level research.
Only international students at Paris-Saclay University seeking a master’s degree may submit an application for the scholarship. The candidates must be enrolled in language classes and have lived in France for less than a year. Age 30 or younger participants will be given consideration. The prize is worth a sum of 10,000 euros, plus a travel reimbursement.
A public research university with its headquarters in Paris, France, Paris-Saclay University is rated 60th among best global universities and 69th overall in the QS World University Rankings 2023. It is one of the 13 prestigious colleges that made up the Sorbonne, which is another name for the University of Paris.
Why did you decide to attend Paris-Saclay University? Internationally famous Paris-Saclay University is known for its outstanding research output and the dedication of its academic staff. For its cutting-edge specialized courses in Science and Engineering, Life Sciences and Health, and Social Sciences and Humanities, it is a school that highly qualified foreign students favor. especially those looking to conduct doctoral-level research to advance an academic endeavor.
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit applications before 10th May 2023.
- University or Organization: Paris-Saclay University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: 10,000€
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in France
- Eligible Countries: Foreign national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a master’s degree program
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled in master’s studies at the Paris-Saclay University.
- The applicants must be aged 30 or less.
- The applicants must be foreigners living on French soil for less than a year, and taking language classes (type FFL).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for admission via the university portal. Eligible students will further be sent an application form via mail.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A valid passport
- A marriage certificate
- Two certified copies of your birth certificate
- Proof of income delivered by tax authorities for the last two years
- All other documents required by the French Consulate of your country of residence for the visa application process
- Admission Requirements: The students must meet the entry and academic requirements of the desired master’s programme.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- TOEFL PBT – 575
- IELTS – 6.5
The winning students can expect to receive the following advantages by Paris-Saclay University:
- Université Paris-Saclay scholarship worth 10,000€ per year paid by Université Paris-Saclay for the duration of the academic year, and for a period of 10 consecutive months (September to June).
- A maximum of 1,000€ for travel and visa expenses additionally
- Laureates can also expect travel expenses only upon arrival in France