There are now 200 Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships available for international applicants who are passionate and eager to pursue their goals at Newcastle University in the United Kingdom.
The primary goal of these educational scholarships is to entice highly accomplished students from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, or Vietnam to enroll in a university’s undergraduate or graduate degree program.
Prior to 1834, Newcastle University was known as the School of Medicine and Surgery, and it was one of the top 25 universities in the United Kingdom. One of the largest EU research portfolios in the UK belongs to this public research university.
What draws people to Newcastle University? Participants will benefit from the greatest instructional resources and a quiet study atmosphere at this university. They will receive instruction from distinguished professors who are committed to assisting them in their education.
- University or Organization: Newcastle University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate program
- Awards: £4,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 200
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in the UK
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand or Vietnam are allowed to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Available for pursuing an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program in any subjects offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Students are assessed as overseas for fee purposes.
- A successful participant must have been offered a place to study an eligible degree program at the University’s Newcastle city-center campus for the 2022-2023 academic years
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the grant, the participants have to take admission in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at the university. After securing a place, the university will automatically be awarded eligible students from the grant.
- Supporting Documents: At the time of application, aspirants need to submit proof of their academic qualification, curriculum vitae, language ability proof, and a copy of the passport.
- Admission Requirements: The requirements are different according to the country, so candidates need to check the requirements based on their country.
- Language Requirement: Students are advised to take the TOEFL or IELTS test for demonstrating their English language ability, only if their first language is not English.
There are a total of 200 grants available and each will have a value of £1,500 – £5,000 towards the tuition fees.
Application Deadline: Awards may be allocated early in the application cycle, early course applications are therefore encouraged (the course will start on September 2022).
NSS instructor detained for allegedly defiling three of his students
A 24-year-old National Service Member at Sehwi Asawinso Methodist Primary B has been remanded by the Bibiani Circuit Court to three weeks in police prison for allegedly defiling three students in the Sehwi Wiawso Municipality of the Western North Region.
The three victims’ Class 2 teacher, Bismark Ansu, is the defendant.
According to sources, he held extra classes for his students in his home in January of this year without informing the school administration, claiming that he needed to finish the academic year’s curriculum.
However, Bismark Ansu used the extra classes to entice three of the students, who are between the ages of eight and nine, to engage in sexual activity.
If they revealed their ordeal to anybody, he threatened to murder them.
After a few weeks had passed after the alleged sexual assault, the victims’ parents began seeing unusual blood flows from their daughters’ private areas. When questioned about this, they admitted to the incident.
The allegations of defilement were supported by a report to the police at Sehwi Asawinso and the issuance of a medical form to the complainants instructing them to take the victims to any government hospital for inspection, treatment, and endorsement.
The accused was subsequently detained and brought before the Bibiani Circuit Court on charges of three offenses, including the threats of death in violation of Section 75 of the Criminal Offences 1960 [ACT 29], defilement in violation of Section 101 of the Criminal Offences 1960 [ACT 29], and harm in violation of Section 74 of the Criminal Offences 1960 [ACT 29].
Once the court has heard the specifics of the cases, suspect Ansu has been remanded and is scheduled to appear again on Monday, May 29.
The victims are responding to treatment in the meanwhile.
GES orders Ghanasco Headmaster and Senior Housemaster to step down for investigation into a video showing students sleeping in restrooms
The Headmaster and Senior Housemaster of Ghana Senior High School in Tamale have been ordered by the Ghana Education Service (GES) to resign in order to facilitate investigations into a viral video that depicts some students utilizing restroom cubicles as dorms.
The film purports to show Ghanasco’s struggles with the government’s flagship Free SHS Program.
The Tamale-based SHS should rather have additional capacity to accommodate 300 extra pupils as it fell short of its enrollment target, according to GES, which characterizes the footage as “very disturbing and unfortunate”.
In a statement to the media, Cassandra Twum Ampofo, the head of the GES Public Relations Unit, said, “This is very troubling and unfortunate, especially when records available to us indicate that, out of the 1790 vacancies declared by the school, only 1467 students have enrolled.”
“The school should have enough space to accommodate an additional 300 kids. Therefore, having pupils sleep in such a location is undesirable.
The director of education for the northern region has been tasked with looking into the situation and reporting back in two weeks.
“Management wishes to reassure all of our stakeholders and the public that it will continue to ensure that the students entrusted to our care operate in a safe school environment.”
International Master’s Scholarship Program IDEX in France
The Paris-Saclay University is inviting candidates to take part in its International Master’s Scholarship Program IDEX for the academic year 2023–2024 if they desire to create an academic project through doctoral-level research.
Only international students at Paris-Saclay University seeking a master’s degree may submit an application for the scholarship. The candidates must be enrolled in language classes and have lived in France for less than a year. Age 30 or younger participants will be given consideration. The prize is worth a sum of 10,000 euros, plus a travel reimbursement.
A public research university with its headquarters in Paris, France, Paris-Saclay University is rated 60th among best global universities and 69th overall in the QS World University Rankings 2023. It is one of the 13 prestigious colleges that made up the Sorbonne, which is another name for the University of Paris.
Why did you decide to attend Paris-Saclay University? Internationally famous Paris-Saclay University is known for its outstanding research output and the dedication of its academic staff. For its cutting-edge specialized courses in Science and Engineering, Life Sciences and Health, and Social Sciences and Humanities, it is a school that highly qualified foreign students favor. especially those looking to conduct doctoral-level research to advance an academic endeavor.
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit applications before 10th May 2023.
- University or Organization: Paris-Saclay University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: 10,000€
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in France
- Eligible Countries: Foreign national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a master’s degree program
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled in master’s studies at the Paris-Saclay University.
- The applicants must be aged 30 or less.
- The applicants must be foreigners living on French soil for less than a year, and taking language classes (type FFL).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for admission via the university portal. Eligible students will further be sent an application form via mail.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A valid passport
- A marriage certificate
- Two certified copies of your birth certificate
- Proof of income delivered by tax authorities for the last two years
- All other documents required by the French Consulate of your country of residence for the visa application process
- Admission Requirements: The students must meet the entry and academic requirements of the desired master’s programme.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- TOEFL PBT – 575
- IELTS – 6.5
The winning students can expect to receive the following advantages by Paris-Saclay University:
- Université Paris-Saclay scholarship worth 10,000€ per year paid by Université Paris-Saclay for the duration of the academic year, and for a period of 10 consecutive months (September to June).
- A maximum of 1,000€ for travel and visa expenses additionally
- Laureates can also expect travel expenses only upon arrival in France